Monday, June 6, 2016

You Only Need the Basics!


It would be remiss of me not to explain after I posted the "Asian Ingredients" especially because I might have scared you off, those exactly who I hope this blog could help.

There are so many great recipes out there with step by step pictures and perfect photography that makes the dishes so tempting like you could almost smell it.

I do wonder, what if I were a student, living with roommates, with very tight budget? What if the closest Asian market is 20 miles away and it's smaller than my apartment? What if I can't buy all those ingredients and just use them once or twice a month and I can't buy all the tools in the right sizes, because I only get one drawer's space, one shelf in the refrigerator, and most importantly, I'll have to get rid of most of them when I move.

I do wonder because I know people just like that. Since they are my friends, I can't bear to see them suffer for food, like how I did years ago -- far away from home, stressed out at school or at work, craving for something simple yet familiar to comfort the body and soul, but I was new to cooking (ok, truth be told, I knew absolutely nothing about cooking,) and either fixing familiar Asian food, or exploring Western food were equally epically challenging to me.

Fear not! You do not need a lot for delicious food, neither tools or ingredients.

You only need some basics and knowledge about what makes food delicious, even if you only have a knife, a pot, and manage to find two ingredients from the neighborhood supermarket. (I suppose you do have a bowl and spoon to eat with. I will post something to show you there are many free wares around when you have to travel light.)

Well, I'll just have to show you some examples, right? Got that.

Stay tuned and come back soon.






No comments :

Post a Comment